for their brass tuba's, cornets etc, York & Son also made a nice
bassdrum pedal. In 1884 the company was known as J.W. York and Company.
In recognition of his infant son Charles E. York, he renamed the company
York & Son in 1887. York further changed the companys name
to York & Sons in 1898 to include his other son, Frank W. York.
They changed to York Band Instruments in '29 and sold to Carl Fischer
Musical Instruments in December 1940. In 1971, Tolchin Instrument
Company who then owned York, closed the factory.
All nickel over brass parts, worn from use so brass shows
heel-extension-piece folds for easy transportation
extra thin beater arm and cymbal clanger, the spring is a replacement
www.HideHitters.com by Winnie Mensink
Drumschool & Vintage Drum Collection
tel. 06 26442285
All rights of the producer and the owner of the work reproduced reserved.
Unauthorised, copying, hiring, lending,
public performance and broadcasting of this website prohibited.